View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #15
userjh160
ninjette.org guru

Name: Malinda

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Wow, I would love to see a pic of your dog . Thanks for the suggestions, I have been working with her on the "mouthing" and she is getting better with me, it is with my husband she has not improved any. I will try the tooth thing, and see what her response is. I know grabbing the tongue is supposed to work, it is just ALOT of slobbers . She is not 100 lbs but is easily 60+ pounds, she is very strong so I have to continuously work with her since she could easily overcome me with her strength. She does good on a leash and 99% of the time we walk loose leash. I have been around large dogs during my childhood years and know if you have a "controlled" dog you have a great guard dog. She has become protective and now I feel I need to get a better leash for fear that she may break the current one we have. I don't know if she would actually bite anyone to protect me, but I sure don't want to find out. We have a nice size yard (in the country) so she gets plenty of exercise but when I am going to be gone for a while she is in her kennel, then I allow her to run around when I get home to release some energy before bringing her in.
userjh160 is offline   Reply With Quote