Thread: ZX-25R
View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2019, 09:44 AM   #41
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2peak View Post
I doubt they will, the display will most likely echo the Tokyo display, bikes up on a platform. I'm going for the public day, the closed industry day is the 28th.

If you guys can't get them in the USA, I'd be interested in helping with importing them to the west coast as "off road only" vehicles. We would need to get enough orders to fill a container, or at least get reasonably close to make it financially feasible. Base container cost is $2k, and then export and bonding fees quickly double that.

If someone proposes a spec race class and there's enough interest, maybe you can get a local Kawasaki dealer can import instead? I can't imagine Kawasaki saying no to a spec series with guaranteed sales and publicity.
AFMracing does have new spec series called Ninja Cup sponsored by Kawasaki and Feel Like a Pro. This last year was 1st season and it had mediocre turn-out due to overlapping with many existing classes: 250 Superbike, 300WSS, Lightweight Twins, etc. Kawasaki did offer new Ninja 400 as prize for series winner! I'll talk to Dave about perhaps stocking some ZX-25Rs for rental!

Filling container with pre-orders is going to be difficult. Can stuff something like 36-45 bike crates into container. There's partial-container shipments available. Cost is reasonable per cubic-meter. Although once you get above 10-15 bikes, it'd be better off to ship your own.

I think you've got at least 2-3 sufficiently interested parties who will put money down on this. Let's talk more about this.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote