View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2019, 12:36 PM   #43
mr2peak
ninjette.org member

Name: james

Motorcycle(s): Hyper 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
AFMracing does have new spec series called Ninja Cup sponsored by Kawasaki and Feel Like a Pro. This last year was 1st season and it had mediocre turn-out due to overlapping with many existing classes: 250 Superbike, 300WSS, Lightweight Twins, etc. Kawasaki did offer new Ninja 400 as prize for series winner! I'll talk to Dave about perhaps stocking some ZX-25Rs for rental!

Filling container with pre-orders is going to be difficult. Can stuff something like 36-45 bike crates into container. There's partial-container shipments available. Cost is reasonable per cubic-meter. Although once you get above 10-15 bikes, it'd be better off to ship your own.

I think you've got at least 2-3 sufficiently interested parties who will put money down on this. Let's talk more about this.
I was thinking 20 foot container. We could do LTL, but that ends up costing quite a bit, especially if we have to send each bike seperately. Most of the cost is paperwork related landing bonds, etc. I used to import apple juice to the US from the UK for the cider industry, we did 20 foot refers

Honestly, I think you as a motorcycle business owner should reach out to Kawasaki and ask if they will help you. If they won't, then I can find a dealer in Thailand who will.

Don't forget, Kawasaki is claiming it's a world wide model, so the USA might still get them, even if they prove to be a special order item!
mr2peak is offline   Reply With Quote