View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2018, 08:02 AM   #10
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Ok here I go, I'm going to be the guy that disagrees. Preparing flame suit.

At first I and many others were on the side of the track day org. (Keigwins) I had assumed the guy, a typical Panigale rider with a dangerous lack of skill and a bike that's way faster than he has any business being on, blew a turn and rode off until he hit something. But a lot of people saw the video and opinions changed. The sandbag right was at the edge of the track in a place where there should be runoff area. Not good. There you have it - someone was negligent.

I already know all the typical responses - He missed the morning meeting, He knew the sandbags were there as he saw them on a previous lap, He was riding above his skill level, he needs money for hit startup, etc. But putting a sandbag right next to the track and leaving it there is almost as negligent as putting a lamp post there. There is no talking around that.

Make no mistake, I love our track day orgs, and I hate idiots who try to sue when they crash in what is an inherently dangerous activity. But there are elements of this case that greatly favor Kim. As big of a dirbag as Daniel Kim seems to be, Keigwins is likely to lose the case. It doesn't make me happy though.

Does anyone see what I'm saying?