View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2021, 10:17 PM   #102
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well when I was messing arround with it in the shop I jammed some random bolts in the holes and buggered up the threads a bit so I took my new tap and die set and matched threads to it.... this one has 10mm 1.25 threads in those Spool holder holes....
man for 50 plus years I have been making due with what ever taps and dies I had on hand.... having a good complete set of taps and dies and the tools to hold them too is fantastic.... the holder for the tap part fits in the ratcheting handle and all that stuff the dies are octagon so they won't turn in the holder !
..... it's really a nice set !
set me back about 100 bucks but I got a good one anyway !
i matched a bolt with the threads in the holes and then measured the threads with the thread gauge... then ran the tap down them to clean them up a bit
their in good shape now.... I put bolts in there because I used vice grips to lock the swing arm to the floor jack I made and I was jerking on the bike a bunch and didn't want another "MISSHAP" of it falling off the jack !

I tried out my bike jack just for S&G's today and it worked great...
I had to extend the adjustable foot on the jack to just about the end but it worked great easy to get up and easy to get down...
unfortunately I forgot to take pictures ! ....
this Jack is destined to ride in the RX4 if I ever get it ! but I wanted to see if it would work on the Ninja.... and the answer is YES ! LOL