Old January 7th, 2011, 08:53 AM   #22
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Updated for review of Knee Draggers, which got an

Also soliciting input for Cycle Gear, since I'm unable to access site from foreign IP address. Looking for info on shipping costs, return policies, and general impressions of site navigation, prices and selction.
Cycle Gear's selection is good, with many retail stores in CA. They have free shipping over $69, which is the lowest minimum I've seen so far. $6.99 shipping for orders under $69. They're a Dainese authorized retailer which is great for getting high end gear and they even stock some of it. I ordered my Dainese Shift shoes and got them quickly. I like the fact that they list what's in stock and what's not. I haven't had to return anything yet, so I don't know how difficult it is to return stuff. Here's what they have on their website regarding returns:

Quote:
Our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee always beats a manufacturer's warranty! We are proud to sell only the finest products available. If anything you purchase from us fails to perform up to your expectations, we will quickly replace the product or refund your purchase, and you'll never pay a restocking fee. It's that simple.

If there is a defect with a product purchased from Cycle Gear, we'll never send you to the manufacturer. You don't even need to know what the manufacturer's warranty is - if the item is defective, we'll hassle with the manufacturer. Just return the product to one of our retail stores or to cyclegear.com, where your 100% SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED, and we'll do the rest.
They also have a helmet return policy:
Quote:
No Hassle 7-Day Helmet Exchange

New street helmets may be exchanged for another helmet of any value provided the returned helmet is in new and unused condition with all of it's original packaging and accessories. In order to protect our customers, helmets exchanged under this program may not be ridden in, dirty, scuffed, chipped or damaged in any way.

So, try one out. Wear it around the house, watch old race videos, eat dinner in it (try to avoid pasta!) and if you just don't like it, bring it back! If your helmet was purchased online, we'll pay your return shipping charges for one exchange, as long as it's just for a different size (must be the same make, model and color).

This 7-Day period begins on the date when delivery of your new helmet to the shipping address in your order is confirmed. If you make your purchase in a store, the 7-Day period begins on the date of purchase.
They don't have a restocking fee which is really cool. It looks like to return something, you just print out their pdf form and mail that in with your return. Seems pretty simple.

They also give a military discount of 10%!

Their in-house brand, Frank Thomas, gear seems to be made of high quality materials and workmanship as well. I rarely buy from them only because I have to pay taxes when I do. The upside to living so close to them is that I get to go to their annual warehouse clearance sale .

The only thing I really don't like is their website navigation. It's very clunky. They don't have separate categories for different gear. You click on M's Dainese and you get everything from jackets to boots. If you click on just Jackets & Vests, you only get those, but then you get all the brands mashed together. You're not able to exclude brands or only see certain gear for a certain brand.

Other than that, they're a good retailer. I would give them a due to poor website design.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote