View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:57 PM   #29
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Saint, though you may not have much left to buy if you are 2 grand into purchases, you may want to think about Sportbike Track Gear's Military Discount Program. Cash discounts and good shipping are as military friendly as it gets.

Motorcycle Closeouts seems military friendly on shipping, too, and certainly has done well for you, but a quick look at their customer service policies creates some potential for problems -- 10% charge for returns, 24 hour time limit on returns for items received damaged, $5 service charge for phone orders, etc.
It's starting rainy season here in Japan soon so I was cruising the sites cause I wanted a pair of the Fieldsheer overglove 2.0 and against my word... I went and made a purchase from the store formerly known as newenough and picked up the overgloves, some overboot covers and bargain basement textile jacket ($50) with armor and it's waterproof. I had to pay $20 in shipping but hey...there's a big heavy jacket in that box too and you know the USPS wants it's cut of the money.

I think I've got 3 jackets now all with ce approved armor, 2 pants with ce armor, 1 pair of boots soon to be 2 after another order, 5 pairs of gloves all ranging from summer gloves to coldweather rain gloves, helmet, airframe cage for those blistering hot summer days. riding with wet gloves is like walking in wet socks...they both suck.
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote