View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #36
ninjaknobs
ninjaknobs

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
the woodcrafts look great! i am looking to do this mod next. want a more aggressive riding position with more weight over the front of the bike. so how much do i need to lower the front?? do i need to lower the rear too? and (yes im a noob to this) what are "preload adjusters"?
Thanks, I bought the woodcraft clip-ons from ebay. If you do buy off ebay, make sure they are made specifically for the ninja 250. First off, you don't need to touch the suspension at all, they are made for this bike. They attach below the triple clamp and have 2 inch risers for the clip-on so when you turn the wheel the bars don't hit any fenders or fuel tank. I would leave the suspension alone if you're new to riding. I also put on sato racing rear sets that move the footpegs/controls towards the rear and further from the ground.. highly recommend. With the clip-ons and rear sets... like riding a different bike. Front pre-load adjuster is similar to the rear shock pre-load adjuster. The stock rear setting from the factory is on the softest setting, their are 5 different settings, i put it in the middle(3) to stiffen the rear and it feels better.. i weigh about 170lbs. The front preload adjusters($100) work the same way, you can adjust the tension on the spring, again i stiffened it a little as stock is kinda mushy
ninjaknobs is offline   Reply With Quote