View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #1
2010Zen
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholle (Nikki)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

I am so not worthy to have a bike

This morning was going well, enroute to work on my bike, and cruzing along. Another motorcyclist rides by waves, and I waved back with my throttle hand. As I put my hand back on the throttle, my bike has no power! I am in the middle lane of a freak'n freeway and drifting along. I downshifted to 1st, would not start, no turnover and such. Needless to say, I had to come to a complete stop in the middle lane in morning traffic. A car behind me assisted me to get my bike and me to safety. I had a motorcycle friend come and pick me up. He walked up to my bike and told him that bike has power, signals work, lights in cockpit work, just no headlights and will not turnover or even make a sound of starting. Well, to make this story shorter, my motorcycle friend figured it out, it was the damn kill switch. I bumped it when I took my hand off the throttle. A couple of positive things came out of this...I faced one of my fears as to if something happened on the freeway while on my bike, what would I do...I'm still alive....my bike is not hurt (the owners ego is crushed). I don't use my kill switch, dealership told me not too becuz they are known to wear out quicker than anything and to just use the key swtich to turn on/off the bike. I soooooooooooo feel like a moron!! LMAO:ba nghead: