View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #1
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

Wiring a DIODE for 4 L.E.D turn signals

If you have changed your 4 stock turn signals to 4 L.E.D. turn signals, you will need to wire a DIODE under your dash to keep the opposite side from flashing, when you activate your turn signal..Here is a link to a DIODE you can buy, http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...an_800_Classic ...You can even make your own if yer a cheap ass... This is only needed if you have L.E.D's in all four corners... I have proton flushmount L.E.D's in front and Bikemonkey L.E.D. integrated tail light in back..I also have a, acumen universal L.E.D. flasher relay...I noticed my opposite side flashing very lightly one night, when I activated my turn signal, and that can be confusing to a cager, and dangerous for us..My turn signal indicator light was also not as bright as it should have been, when I converted to 4 L.E.D's...But after I wired in this DIODE all works perfectly, and the indicator light is as bright as it was with the stock signals installed..

1. Get behind your dash...I had everything removed already, except for tail section, because I was removing the kleen air system (thanks 2 kkim's D.I.Y. thread) Basically you'll have to remove the front piece (headlight section) to access the back of your dash....

2. Find your indicator light wires from the back of dash...They will be the GREEN and GRAY wires...

3. Cut both wires with enough slack to wire them again...Wire the BLUE wire from the DIODE to the GREEN wire on the indicator light

4.Then wire the 2 RED wires that branch off from the DIODE to the GREEN and GRAY wires that you cut, that are leading to the harnesses.. There should still be a GRAY wire coming from the back of the indicator bulb that is not connected to anything yet.....That GRAY wire is now the ground wire..

5.What I did was splice into a ground wire with the GRAY wire that was coming from the back of the indicator light..The BLACK and YELLOW wire, right next to the indicator light is a ground wire.

6.Check to see if your signals are now working properly, and check to see if your indicator light is now brightly lit...If everything is fine, solder, shrink tube, electrical tape......

Hopefully this will help some one...I give credit to novak2k9 for all pics, I put together his posts, when he was trying to figure out how to wire in a DIODE..
If it wasnt for his posts trying to figure out how to do this, and what he ended up coming up with, I would be screwed because it is confusing with no direction on this...So thanks 2 novak2k9....

Maybe some 1 can put this together better than I can, but I think this should be added to the D.I.Y. threads for those looking to convert fully to L.E.D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash pre diode.jpg (72.5 KB, 658 views)
File Type: jpg dash and harness.jpg (91.0 KB, 670 views)
File Type: jpg diode installed.jpg (14.4 KB, 2501 views)
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote