View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2022, 06:28 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK good info there guys thanks...
Danno it's not bottoming out... at least I am almost certain it isn't.... even though it rides like it.... before I lowered it I had the same problem all my weight bouncing on the seat didn't make the bike react at all.
(no flex downward).. it's like the hardest rear suspension I have ever seen on a bike !....all i did was back off the preload adjustment all the way to the top of the shock and that lowered it about 2"
I think I'll swap out the Ninja and put in the RX4 in the shop and see what I can do for that rear suspension...
I want to pull the shock and spring off and see if by chance the spring is removeable .... that will also tell me if it's bottoming out for an absolute certainty.
they may well have added stops to keep the rear wheel from touching the fender well...( the ninja's wheel can touch the fender well)... but I have not been able to compress the rear anywhere near that far....
the XR650L Honda I had, had an extremely hard suspension spring in the rear..... but it at least flexed when I bounced on it..... this thing is like a park bench !
so I should weigh the back of the bike ( 2x4 under front tire so it's level)
sit on it like normal and measure/read the reading on the scale and get a spring for that weight?.....
it's supposed to have fairly long rear suspension travel too so it will be getting a spring that has that travel and weight ....I THINK !!!!!!
I've seen one place with springs that should work for $38.00 in just about every shape and size... so to me that is the best option
Bob......