View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2022, 07:58 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ok...an update is in order here....
the spring I got from Maximum motosports was 2.5" I.D. so I sent it back and got my money back and I've tried several times to talk to Mike down there but I guess he is just too busy to answer any questions on their invintory....
the problem is the spring I need, is not a car shock spring it's a bike shock spring and they seem to be scarse as hen's teeth !
I need a 2" I.D. spring 10" long with a rate of 450lbs to 500lbs
I found a few on Maximun motorsports web site but I am very reluctant to do any business with them again as they screwed up the 1st order I gave them
sent me 2 springs instead of one and charged my account and THEN told me they were on back order..... not the most reputable company I have ever dealt with by any means .... though I did finally get that transaction completed I think (pay pal has yet to deposit the money in my account though).
i really don't want to do business with a CAR spring place for my motorcycle as they have no idea what I need even though I give them the dimensions they can't seem to find anything like it ... really weird !
So I am hoping someone here will know of a spring manufacturer that will sell me a spring that might fit my bike ??????
I will check with Race tech and see what they have right now ...
Bob......