View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2022, 12:22 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - MotoGP: Dorna Boss Ezpeleta Comments On Suzuki?s Withdrawal

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta on Suzuki At the SHARK Grand Prix de France, Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta made a statement regarding Suzuki. “We were surprised by the news we received […]

The post MotoGP: Dorna Boss Ezpeleta Comments On Suzuki’s Withdrawal appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta on Suzuki

At the SHARK Grand Prix de France, Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta made a statement regarding Suzuki.

“We were surprised by the news we received in Jerez, regarding the communication from Suzuki with the team, and I was advised by Livio Suppo that the decision was not to continue after this season. The first thing we said is that we could understand, but we need to talk to know the situation because we have an agreement with Suzuki signed just last year. We need to understand exactly where is the problem. Regarding that, we will have a meeting with Suzuki representatives next week, with members of the Board.

“For me it’s important to say that we obviously are not happy with Suzuki leaving,*but the most important thing is that the Championship is in very good health. Immediately after we saw the news about the situation, we received a lot of demands from manufacturers or individual teams, and then we need to decide. For us to have a Championship with five*manufacturers and six*private teams is exactly the same we had last year, and it’s ok for us. Depending on how the proposals look, we will decide if we want to replace Suzuki or we will continue with the situation as it is without Suzuki.”

The post MotoGP: Dorna Boss Ezpeleta Comments On Suzuki’s Withdrawal appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.