View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2010, 10:32 PM   #17
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

When it comes down to it..

This is the first bike I'm doing everything to.
When I look at the swing arm bolts and go "I wonder if those are tight"..
I don't get on the bike and keep riding it and wondering. I throw it up on the stands, grab the truck and head to the auto parts store for the sockets to fit the swing arm bolts. Grab the service manual and find the torque specs and any info about tightening the swing arm and do it.

My old bikes I did some mods to here and there but nothing more than electrical or asthetics. The rest the shop did or the previous owners did, and it would seem I had issues while riding it that could have been from things like bent rims I didn't notice when I bought it and play in the steering etc.

Scary stuff man. I gotta be making sure all that is good on any bike I ride from now on so had to buy new.

I have an excellent mechanical ability from other aspects of my life so I have no doubt I can adjust this entire bike from head to toe besides balancing the tires, in a manner that is correct with common mechanical sense or a service manual, forum or a combination of all three. Besides all that, I like to tinker.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote