Old February 20th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #52
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Lol @ TC's 'bearings'

Glad you're finding how to make it work for you. It's good seeing newer riders going through the same realizations I did.
Yeah bro, sucks having a massive pair. We're talking grapefruits here..

Just took the bike to the firing range and I wore jeans because I couldn't bear a few hours of standing in direct sunlight with no wind in a full track suit.

Have to figure something out. A middle ground.

My leathers are too bulky, uncomfortable, unruly to wear riding and then around town/in stores etc.. Not to mention the squeak. Taking them off and chaining them to the bike would be a royal pain and require another long cable lock.

On the other hand, my every day jeans are paper thin on one knee, ripped out completely in the other knee, and skin showing through the seat area. They would provide about as much protection as spandex in a crash. Not to mention they are slippery as hell and I can't pinch the tank with my knees over bumps/braking so I end up sitting on my nutsack every time I come to a stop which is very uncomfortable.

Maybe I need to invest in some riding jeans w/kevlar etc. And tank grip pads. And put my fairings back on and get some grippy tape on the spots I squeeze the bike with my legs. I had to stop quick today and WHAM it felt like getting punched in the groin as I colided with the tank and scuffed my knee when the bare skin broke loose from the painted tank and skidded 5 inches forward.

I'll have to figure this out before I become sterile. Then again, maybe that would be a good thing.
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote