View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #13
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawing View Post
Unfortunately my poor bike sleeps outside(under his blanky) so there is temperature changes during the night but i always started perfectly in the morning no matter how cold it was. Only now suddenly its acting up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjawing View Post
So i got home after work today, went to the bike and started it no problems. Turned it off, check the battery charge, its at 12.6, start bike again and it goes no problem, battery dropped to 10.6 or something there it was to quick to catch it.
I let the bike idle for like a min and turned it off. Check volts at 13 dropping slowly to 12.9 and stopped. Started bike again and volts dropped to 11.something and toke it for a quick ride around the block and no funny business everything is normal.

So it doesnt seem to be battery related.

(p.s my leds are off)
It's possible you have condensation built-up and water sitting in the bottom of the tank that is occasionally drawn into the petcock pick-up. Have you run on reserve lately? Can you get gas without Ethanol?

Also, the plugs you have now (9s) are colder than stock, and aren't going to help the situation any. I'd get a set of 8s back in there before doing much else. Colder plugs are used for sustained high RPM running or with engines that are producing more power than stock.

Battery certainly could be the issue here, but there are a few other things that may be contributing to the problem.

EDIT: If the battery is reading < 11V - not while cranking - it's not enough.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote