View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM   #18
Army Aviator
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
Thats a wack stereotype ur ignorantly helping to stay alive.
Sure...To each his own..but ur use seems a ploy to seal the deal with a few of the undecided.
You read way to much into my one sentence reply, I said do it if you like it and I had a smiley face attached. There is no ploy and I am not conspiring against you. Although, it may frighten you to know that I fly Black Heicopters for the goverment...

Quote:
Yeah its common for touring bikes to come equipt with extra amenities.
But you cant think for a sec that the guy who just installed a nav unit or xm radio on his bike is an old fart. Now a passenger throne would be more than pushing it..But this is not a goldwing were talkin about here. Most of us are not grossly old and retired.
Just because I mentioned a Goldwing doesn't mean I think your old, don't let yourself fall into the stereotype ploy you mentioned.

Quote:
Simply adding a soundtrack to the ride is where this was going with this.
Zipping down the highway with your muffler screaming listening to rob zombie/ or on some twisties with a beautiful sunset taking place while blairing crystal method/ hittin the strip with your buddies bumpin the latest timbaland hit er whatever. Not just cruisn across state or country with your old lady listening to 50's beard in the wind.
Use earplugs and leave the music at home or start driving a car. Using these speakers you will still need foam earplugs to protect your hearing from wind noise, exhaust noise if you have a loud one, and now speaker noise blasting beats from Timbaland into your brain. Earplugs attenuate the outside noise by about 30db, which is enough to save your hearing but still allow you to hear car horns if your not distracted, and that is why MSF recommends them. Earphones (not buds) are an alternative taken by some where it is legal because they still provide safe attenuation and require minimal volume to hear the music CLEARLY.

However, you are now trying to convince us that the best way to ride is by blasting music loud enough to overcome the earplugs from the outside? Do you realize your good idea means alert sounds such as car horns need to make it through foam ear plugs, wind noise, exhaust noise, and a loud ass stereo blasting Crystal Method loud enough to piss off other drivers, all while you drift between lanes because you're staring at the sun as it goes down? Your a funny guy, but like I said do what makes YOU happy! Just don't worry if anybody else to likes it or not, and don't get mad if they laugh at you. After all, they have a right to their opinions too.

Quote:
So go ahead and buy a fast car but opt out on a stereo for it! That should make for a better driving experience some.
Fast cars don't need stereo's because stereo equipment adds weight and does nothing for performance. Fast car drivers, real ones and no Vin Deisel doesn't count, don't need the distraction while driving fast. If your a Fast and Furious fan or you drive a "fast" Honda Civic with a big stereo I'm sorry if I offended again.

Quote:
A few advantages:
1)you dont have earbuds in your ears. their not safe and illegal in most states.
2)Hear emergency vehicles, car horns more easily.
3)Hear your motor for shifting purposes.
4)The sound of the exhaust adds to the riding experience.
5)maybe turn a few more heads than your already turning on ur ninjette.
1) Exactly, leave the earbuds at home and wear earplugs to protect your ears. Use earphones as an alternative to hear music where it is legal.
2) Only if the stereo is off, otherwise they my be running you over before you hear them, or you may mistake their siren as part of a Crystal Mehtod song and ignore them.
3) uhhh... by trying to drown the engine noise to hear your stereo? Your sentence just canceled itself out.
4) yes it can... so why drown it with the stereo? Your sentence canceled itself out again. Are you bi-polar? (and if you are then no offense... again)
5) As they wonder why your blasting Kenny G out of speakers on a Ninja 250? Maybe if you ride in a circus act...

DISCLAIMER: This post was all in good fun, if you took offense I'm probably not sorry but would like to read your angry reply after it is typed furiously through your tears. If you got that this reply is a joke and that I have a odd sense of humor developed during years of living under the ocean in a nuclear submarine while eating powdered eggs and drinking powdered milk known as "White Death", then good job!

Last futzed with by Army Aviator; February 27th, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Army Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote