View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #5
JBizzle
Squid Hunter

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R and '13 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
300 is a great bike. i really can't say anything bad about it, aside from having standard reflector lights. coming from me, that is saying a lot.
Your avatar says you own two 250's but not a 300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Here was my review of my new 300 a few months back. We've owned a pre-gen 250, a new-gen 250, and now the 300, (along with a pile of other bikes), so I was able to make at least a partially lucid comparison between the ninjette generations.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115561

Bottom line, the 300 is a moderate improvement over the 250 in almost each and every area. The most significant downside is the cost. A cheap used 250 will have a large portion of a new 300's capabilities, so fun per dollar ratio is really up to the buyer's own viewpoint.
Just read through the review had some interesting points like the brake pads, the 300 is more expensive but it looks just plain awesome compared to the 250's

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
We've swapped my 300 and my son's 2012 250 on rides and there is enough power difference to make them stand apart as totally different machines IMO. Everything else is marginally better, or a little worse, like the brake pads and plastics quality.

Passenger seat is a bit smaller too. I ride 2 up, I'm over 200 lbs, no issues. +1 CS sprocket. Cruises at GPS confirmed 85 MPH no sweat. Stays in 6th on hills where the 250 needs 2 down shifts.

I've had the pre, new and the 500. It is most like the 500 after you slap a tuner in it.
What don't you like with the plastics? How is it with a passenger(lightweight wife/gf I assume)? I'm 6 feet tall and weigh around 180 on a good day.
JBizzle is offline   Reply With Quote