View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2018, 01:29 PM   #1
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Carb frustration *argghh*

I'm reaching out to you guys for desperate help. After removing the carb, disassembling and cleaning it (found some clogging), my former non-runner fired right up. Unfortunately it won't idle without the choke. When I release the choke it idles around 900-800 RPM and eventually stalls out, and if I give it gas it bogs down and stalls.

I hadn't touched the mixture screws the first time so I removed the carb again and carefully removed the mixture screws, blasted the passages with cleaner. I ensured the tiny seals and washers were properly placed and set to 2.5 turns out.

I reinstalled it and same problem. I gradually turned the mixture screws in some more and no change. I assume it's running too rich (smells like it, too).

Not being one to quit I plan on disassembling the carb and checking/cleaning everything again, but can anyone tell me what to look for once I have it apart again? I don't know what else to check.

Air cleaner is new and oiled, plugs are new and gapped (old ones looked fine), new gas, new fuel filter. I've also sprayed carb cleaner along vacuum connections and boots but didn't see a change in RPM.

I'll appreciate any tips you can provide.