View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2018, 06:57 PM   #17
Kennylxix
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 92 Ninja 250

I bet your carbs still aren't completely clean. I have quite a bit of experience with this and you'd be amazed at how a little bit of crap in a hidden passage will cause issues.

I suggest getting a gallon can of gunk carb cleaner. Fully disassemble the carbs and soak all the parts that aren't rubber or plastic (main body, jets orifice tube etc ) in then cleaner at least 8 hours.

Then you need a good supply of compressed air (not canned air) and blow out all the passages etc. This "should" take care of any blockages. I've had a couple really bad carbs where even that didn't work though.

FYI even though I've never had a problem with it the gunknl carb cleaner can affect any plastic still attached to the carb when soaking.

Finally make sure the orings on the idle needles are in good shape and are installed correctly. A bad or missing oring will make tuning almost impossible.

Once all thats done follow one of the many idle mixture adjustment procedures. If you find that you can never get the needle out far enough to make the engine go rich you still have a mixture issue somewhere.

Hope that helps.
Kennylxix is offline   Reply With Quote