View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #79
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Conclusion 12/9/2018

I started the bike this morning (about 60 degrees) with the choke open and it ran at a VERY low RPM. I held the throttle open just a tiny bit for about a minute. Once I closed the choke it ran about the same.

I didn't stick around much, so I took off on a 14 mile ride through stop-and-go suburban streets. The bike rode nice and smooth with no bogging at acceleration from a stop.

Idle is not what I'd call perfectly steady but at this point I'm probably being too picky on an 11 year old carbureted 250cc bike. It may likely benefit from a carb sync but if the bike continues to perform as it did today, I'll be able to live with it, after all I bought it for cheap with the intent of entertaining myself with a low budget build/project.

I'd like to thank everyone who's offered up their help/ideas and would like to point out that this forum was what sealed the deal for me in choosing a ninjette when I was considering what type of bike to buy for a project. It's nice to find myself amongst friendly enthusiasts.