View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:10 PM   #53
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Thinking about it, I go fast for the precision and calculated risk

I'm a crasher, always have been and likely always will be. To a point where I cannot remember all of my crashes, thankfully I learned to ride on tracks early enough to catch this before I went through someone's house or something of the sort.

As a result of this I'm also a racer, racing is the one place where I can ride completely freely while trusting everyone I'm riding with to be pushing towards the same goals. Hitting those marks within inches of precision while riding flat out on the limit. Fully aware that missing a mark by as little as a few inches can cause either losing time or a crash due to the pace.

Then there is that glorious feeling of having a bike cranked over with the throttle wide open and the exhaust screaming while you pick the bike up and switch knee to knee so you can flick the bike back to the other side. The feeling when the front slips just a bit during the transition but the rubber holds. Followed by the feeling of the bike pushing you forward through the corner exactly where you told it to go while you're already preparing for the upcoming braking zone. It's nothing short of sublime when you hit everything right. The sport has its downsides, potential for injury and death being the primary ones, but there is also nothing else in the world like it when everything clicks and flows together.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.