View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2019, 03:46 PM   #5
65Mulberry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki bandit 1200 Ninja 250

The next big thing was to move all of the electronics. Originally I was going to put them under the tail section and build a fiberglass cowl. But I am going a different route with that that I will explain later. So I cut down the original inner fender liner that mounts to the shock mount and the center portion of the sub frame under the seat and reused it. Interestingly I then disassembled all of the mounting brackets that used to be on the rest of that fender (sides and elsewhere) under and behind the side panels and used stainless steel screws/washers to reattach them to the front of the inner fender —it all fits on there just as nice as you please with the exception of the fuse box. I’ll post a picture of what I’m going to do with that to make it easy to get to and access later. But the rectifier, CDI, starter solenoid, and relay fit great. These pics don't show CDI mounted but it fits to the right of solenoid and under rectifier nicely.
I traced the new outline of the sub frame that we fabricated and then trimmed the inner fender liner off with a jigsaw and it mounts back up in there and it barely shows… And it will help keep everything in front of it dry- by being able to reuse it and keep in place

Last futzed with by 65Mulberry; June 18th, 2019 at 07:08 AM.
65Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote