View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:17 AM   #47
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Wow, I've never seen that page before, where does that come from? I don't recognize that page from the Pre-Gen Service Manual or the Service Manual Supplement for the Pre-Gen bikes, is it taken from a Next-Gen Service Manual?

Anyway, that's an eye-opener right there. I never knew there was any variation in the crankshaft-to-clutch basket gearing. Makes me wonder if I was just lucky with my purchase of a 2009 clutch for my 2005. As far as I could tell the fitment of the new clutch was perfect with no excess lash at all (and many miles since the work I can say the engine is very happy).

I put new OEM Kawasaki friction plates into the 2009 clutch and kept the drive plates that came with it. I used EBC springs but changed back to the OEM springs because my daughter rides the bike a lot and the EBC springs made the clutch lever pull force too high for her to be comfortable on long rides.

No, I'm not in Canada, that beer sleeve comes from the Canadian Formula 1 race in Montreal, I've gone to the race in both 2018 and this year, good times.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote