View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2019, 12:24 PM   #48
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
Wow, I've never seen that page before, where does that come from? I don't recognize that page from the Pre-Gen Service Manual or the Service Manual Supplement for the Pre-Gen bikes, is it taken from a Next-Gen Service Manual?

Anyway, that's an eye-opener right there. I never knew there was any variation in the crankshaft-to-clutch basket gearing. Makes me wonder if I was just lucky with my purchase of a 2009 clutch for my 2005. As far as I could tell the fitment of the new clutch was perfect with no excess lash at all (and many miles since the work I can say the engine is very happy).

I put new OEM Kawasaki friction plates into the 2009 clutch and kept the drive plates that came with it. I used EBC springs but changed back to the OEM springs because my daughter rides the bike a lot and the EBC springs made the clutch lever pull force too high for her to be comfortable on long rides.

No, I'm not in Canada, that beer sleeve comes from the Canadian Formula 1 race in Montreal, I've gone to the race in both 2018 and this year, good times.
Got you, thanks ! I looked closer and did realize that was a sleeve from the MTL F1 Race - lucky you

Yes that pic comes from a service manual for a new gen , 1st year I believe (published in Nov 2007).

I hope I do not have excess lash on mine either but time will tell. The clutch is still in US. I will probably work on it in November. I will measure the lash as well to see what the difference is. Hopefully it will not be significant.

Thanks for the info on the EBC springs. I would actually prefer the clutch pull to be a bit harder than the existing so I will try the EBC springs. I will check how much the OEM plates are at the dealer and they are not overly expensive compared to EBC I will go with those.

Thanks Greg
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote