Old April 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #17
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx View Post
It's all about your preference and luck.

This is my breakdown:
  • T-Mobile - cheapest, least amount of high-end handsets - more flexible plans than most. Coverage is spotty outside of big cities, but they are working on it.
  • Sprint - still lower end, slightly more expensive. Fear of where they're going with the company.
  • AT&T - high-end phones, expensive plans. Customer support that won't budget when you make a request.
  • Verizon - high-end phones, but often slower than most to get them. Great coverage. Best customer satisfaction rate.

Customer support of each really is about experience/luck, how you treat them, and who you get. I've found that T-Mobile support has been very good and accommodating.

The dilemma I constantly face is that I can only bounce between AT&T and T-Mobile. I need GSM technology for reliable international texting and Sprint's/Verizon's CDMA networks don't provide that.

I've also found that (as with most things) - customer support and service is vastly different/better when you have a business account.

Just my 2¢...
StraightTalk - cheaper than all of those you listed, works with any phone including gsm or cdma. no contracts. coverage exactly the same as t-mobile or at&t (whichever is the dominant carrier in the area- they lease the bandwidth) on 4g i get an easy 10mbps. customer service isn't the best, but you don't really need to talk to them 99% of the time unlike other carriers... they only have 2 plans, the unlimited for 45/mo, or the cheap one with only 500minutes and unlimited text and data for like 30/mo. because their rate plans are so straight forward and simple, you don't run the risk of accidentally screwing something up and them charging you a **** ton of money like all the other carriers like to do.