Old February 8th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #3
//z
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): ZX11, Ninja 250, DRZ400sm, V65 Sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Welcome Jake!

You can choose the lesser of two evils that best suits you. The stock airbox is pretty easy to tune but a pain in the arse to get on and off/out. Pod filters are a bit more trouble to tune but can be pretty easy to remove as needed.

Tuning pods is not really hard per say... just normally takes multiple attempts where many riders don't have that level of patience.
thanks!

Yea I still haven't put the bike back together yet fully lol. I had to take off the fender liner (or what ever you call it) to move the airbox back to get the carbs in. I honestly don't know why they won't make a seal. I had to use a heat gun and heat it up to get it on to the carbs. The spring is pretty stretched out since I had to stretch it to get it on.

Would hose clamps work to get a better seal??? I just want this bike running right lol.

So there isn't a general jet setup that works for everyone? I personally don't care about power at the moment. I just want the bike to run right as easy as possible.

Oh I also noticed that this hose popped off, would you happen to know what it was for? I was going to guess coolant but the reserve tank was full
//z is offline   Reply With Quote