View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #77
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
We're way overthinking this. With the stock pads, the bike required a very significant pull on the lever to get the bike to stop. The pads also got hot quickly, and it required an even higher pull on the lever to get the bike to stop. I upgraded the pads because I wanted better performance / better feel / less lever effort due to higher grip pads.

The new pads haven't provided as much of an improvement as I hoped. Initially they were terrible, but I know that the EBC's take a little while to bed in. Now they are probably up to what I was feeling with the stock pads. I hope they continue to improve.

None of this is particularly relevant to how the chassis feels while under braking, which actually is a noticeable improvement regardless of the pads; it's much, much harder to bottom out the front fork than it ever was on the 08-12 bikes.
Same results here, better than stock but still needs to get even better for me. They work, and I bedded them in with a dozen 50 MPH to full stops in the first ride. They got OKish, then better again with another 60 miles of hardish riding but not the power and feel I want. I'm thinking the master would be better as a 11mm piston or a swap to a 4 piston caliper will do the trick. They work well but lack that real 1 or 2 finger feel to them.
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote