View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #1
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

So I think I am going to rebuild my bike...

So I am considering buying my bike back after the insurance is done with it and fixing her up. I am considering going with the Sportisi body kit and making the bike flat black with hot pink and/or purple with silver accents. I talked with Matt and he had suggested possibly going with some clip-ons and some new rear-sets. Considering I am going to have to fix the clutch pedal and mechanism anyway, it might be a good way to go.

So what I am looking for is some input from you wise motorcycle people. I know very little about what is good and bad as far as modifications go. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I would like to maybe make the bike nice to run at the track, but also have the comfort of running it on the street. Oh, and I am sort of a conservative rider and don't plan on running her hard.

So please, tell me more about what changing the rear-sets does for the bike and what adding clip-ons does for the bike. I have short arms, so if I went for the clip-ons I'd probably get the risers too.

Please enlighten me!!