View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

How bad is it? I'm thinking of looking at an 08 that was crashed (if I can get a hold of the guy) and was thinking of going with a Airtech body. If I could find a way to sneak the wires through I would probably put LED turn signals up in the mirrors ('cause it would be cool), and AP long can exhaust and carb kit to get the power up, and probably HID of some kind for the main lights.

I also want to eventually go with a DIY programmable fuel injection system (microsquirt). And if the tail section is bent (but the rest of the frame is true) I'd probably want to design a tail section that bolts on and off (especially for track since that probably gets bent a lot in crashes).

New tires would be a key part, first thing I'll do with anything that I may buy.

If you want to spend more money, get the forks worked over with new valves and springs, and a new adjustable rear shock. You'll need input from the racers as to what stuff to buy for track, and what stuff needs to be removed for the track too. You may want a drill guide for drilling safety wire holes, as well as a small drill press. Safety wire pliers and a bunch of wire. Self locking nylon nuts where you can use them so you don't need to drill and wire some things.

If you want to race it, then a copy of the rules is the only way to go before ordering any parts. Decide on the class you want to race in so that you know what will allow you to be competitive.

And for the black areas, some of the 3M black reflective tape, make the thing glow in headlights.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote