View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #8
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterick4o8 View Post
rearset you can adjust the pegs forward, backward, up and down..

check this guy, Dennis if you're interested.. he's a pretty nice guy. I bought from him. not as pricey and he'll help you install them too for free. sometimes you can buy extra pieces from him if you ever low side your bike and need replacement pieces too

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=246547
COOL, thanks! I'll probably get rear sets considering the clutch mechanism is shot (I dropped it on the left side), but the clutch still seems to work, so that's good. If I'm going to have to replace parts, I might as well just upgrade at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie11 View Post
oh, and glad to see you stayin with riding. i know now who holds the chains in your marriage
LOL! Yeah, my husband wouldn't argue with you on that one. Even though he would really like me to stop, it did break his heart to see my heart broken after I lost my bike in the accident. I mean he was of course estatic knowing I was okay and he would love to be able to talk me out of riding. We agreed I would bring it down a notch if he would just bring it up a notch (he's overly conservative where he doesn't seem to be able to find the apex on any turn and is skiddish to lean the bike over).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
How bad is it? I'm thinking of looking at an 08 that was crashed (if I can get a hold of the guy) and was thinking of going with a Airtech body. If I could find a way to sneak the wires through I would probably put LED turn signals up in the mirrors ('cause it would be cool), and AP long can exhaust and carb kit to get the power up, and probably HID of some kind for the main lights.

I also want to eventually go with a DIY programmable fuel injection system (microsquirt). And if the tail section is bent (but the rest of the frame is true) I'd probably want to design a tail section that bolts on and off (especially for track since that probably gets bent a lot in crashes).

New tires would be a key part, first thing I'll do with anything that I may buy.
The bike really isn't in that bad of shape, I should know more once I get her home on Saturday and get a chance to take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
If you want to spend more money, get the forks worked over with new valves and springs, and a new adjustable rear shock. You'll need input from the racers as to what stuff to buy for track, and what stuff needs to be removed for the track too. You may want a drill guide for drilling safety wire holes, as well as a small drill press. Safety wire pliers and a bunch of wire. Self locking nylon nuts where you can use them so you don't need to drill and wire some things.

If you want to race it, then a copy of the rules is the only way to go before ordering any parts. Decide on the class you want to race in so that you know what will allow you to be competitive.

And for the black areas, some of the 3M black reflective tape, make the thing glow in headlights.
I don't know if I want to go as far as racing it and I don't want to spend a lot of money fixing it either. I was thinking that I may take it to the track now and again just for fun, not for racing. I'm not a speed freak really.

Thanks for giving me more information on the rear-sets. Definitely seems like a good way to go.