View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #1
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
BiLT warranty wasn't honored

I got a BiLT as my first helmet. It was on closeout, I figured it fit my head-shape well enough, it was ECE rated, and since I was more likely to crash in my learning-phase of riding, I'm better off with a cheap helmet for now.

I've been meaning to upgrade for a while now, but the helmet malfunctioned recently. While riding, the light turned green, I closed my visor, the right side of it came disconnected, the wind caught it, and the visor broke off. I picked up the pieces and took it back to the store, seeing if I could get anything under warranty. They said it did not fit the criteria. I went home and looked up more regarding the warranty, and read the paper that came with it. It seems that, being a 5-year warranty against defects would cover this, but their "no questions asked," policy should also cover it. I wrote them an email, they asked me some questions, then they referred me to the same manager that told me it wasn't under warranty. I'm wondering if I should even go back. If I'm in the area, I might try again. I'm pretty miffed. I try not to be a crybaby consumer, but jeez. Am I in the wrong here? Should the warranty be honored? Let me know what you think.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote