View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2016, 06:54 PM   #8
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Triple Jim, I agree. I was planning on purchasing a better helmet, anyway, and keeping this one as a pillion helmet. I guess there is a difference between visor and face shield. I wasn't aware of this. I'll keep calling it a visor though, as people seem to know what I mean and that's less letters than face shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Is the helmet more than 5 years old?

They can state that you could have not set the pivot properly after removing the shield for cleaning, being that the cause of the problem rather than a defect of the pivot itself.

I would go higher than that manager and store; otherwise, they just will add to your frustration.
The helmet is approximately three years old.

Typically, I take a clean, small towel and clean the inside without taking the visor off, flossing between the visor and the helmet, and I clean the outside normally. I use either warm water or a tiny dab of shampoo (helps a tiny bit with the visor fogging up). I do this because I don't want to wear gloves while cleaning, and I tend to get fingerprints on the visor when putting it back on. So the likelihood of me improperly replacing it is pretty low. Plus, it's one of those with the lever on the end, not the so-called quick-release ones that are a bit more complicated. It'd be difficult, but not impossible, to improperly replace it.

I don't even think this is a problem with BiLT (although it shouldn't have failed in the first place). I think it's a problem with this manager. This manager is new. I don't recognize them. I'll go back and talk with the manager again, likely get denied again, then email the district manager and see what he has to say. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully it won't be too annoying.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote