Old November 19th, 2016, 01:41 AM   #12
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Try a different cycle gear if possible.
There isn't another in my area. If I do buy a new jacket or something that's worth trying on before purchasing, I'll make sure to buy from an employee that isn't her so she doesn't have anything contributing towards her sales quota/commission/etc. Petty, yes, but it requires little effort on my part to feel better about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Then, the reason is on your side, unless the tiny words in the warranty state some specific limitations.
To me, the failure may have happened due to a plastic part involved in the high number of open-close cycles that wore out prior to the five years (premature wear) and let the shield go.

Copied from the Cycle Gear site:
No Hassle Returns or Exchanges
You can return any Cycle Gear purchase within 30 days for an exchange or refund. In order to qualify you must have the item’s receipt and the product must be in new, unused/uninstalled condition. All original packaging and tags must be intact and included. Returns with ordinary wear and tear or damage caused by improper use or accidents will not be accepted.
That seems to be information regarding regular returns, like "I bought this and it isn't right for me," like you'd do at a clothing store. The little leaflet that my helmet came with states that the warranty "protects against defects in quality of materials, manufacturing and construction defects. Does not cover: wear and tear, misuse of product, purposeful or accidental damage, weather aging." I'd say this falls under quality of materials or manufacturing/construction defects.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote