View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2017, 06:50 PM   #4
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying View Post
This project will mostly take after @greg737's efforts in converting his pregen to a Microsquirt controlled unit. The price is right on the LT-R 450 fueling system, I plan to emulate that, albeit with an identical Honda fuel pump. Although I'm going a little further outside of the comfort zone by considering ignition timing control and a more complicated ECU package.
A fuel injection project is never over. My EX250 FI project bike continues to serve well, but there's always something I can improve.

This winter I'm digging back into my now-10-year-old 2005 EX250 fuel injection project bike. My younger daughter wants to learn to ride motorcycles this spring and that's my excuse to bring the EX250 up to a higher standard.

I'll be implementing ignition control (24-2 alternator flywheel from an EX300), re-working some of the fuel system, re-doing a lot of the wiring (I was learning as I worked on some of it), replacing the MicroSquirt V2 with a new MicroSquirt V3, and some other bits and pieces of work/improvement.

I've been using the Honda TRX Rancher fuel pump in both the EX250 and my Suzuki GSF400 Bandit fuel injection projects for a number of years now. In my opinion it's better than the LT-R450 fuel pump, and pretty cheap to buy new.

Good luck with your project!
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.