View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:12 PM   #33
dimeified
ninjette.org guru

Name: Lucas

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobguy View Post
speaking of dumbed down rhetoric...hows that "Hope and Change" working out for you

good thing smart people don't fall to stupid rhetoric like that eh?

Ever notice that ALL any politicians ever say in public is vague campaign slogans.

"Drill Baby Drill" is at least articulating a position on a relevant issue.

"Hope and Change"....really....who's going to oppose "Hope"...or "Change" these are vague, abstract, warm, fuzzy, sweet nothings of a slogan that conveys no specific meaning and are meant simply to unite people who completely disagree with each other but are too stupid to realize it. In fact this slogan characterizes Obama's campaign well. It was a evershifting, positionless regurgitation of populist entitlement mentality propaganda that was completely unwilling to take a stance on anything (other than Bush sucks) and wasn't apparently very memorable as the few campaign promises made have been utterly ignored. Sort of like Bush Sr "read my lips...no new taxes" or Bush Jr. who campaigned on "no nation building".

Oh I agree about Palin's use of "drill baby drill" but this is typical of ALL politicians. At least the rednecks are honest about their positions during the campaign. More than we can say for the jello like current admin.

Ok I'm done reading this thread...like has been mentioned it brings out a not-so-civil side in me. I like the people on this forum way too much keep following this.

Cheers
Look i don't disagree with you, the democratic party used the same tactics to win over the uneducated american public. I didn't vote, I used to feel i was a conservative republican, but now I can't say I am anymore. Both sides have pros and cons that i love or hate. Either way, both parties appealed to the uneducated crowds with their pep-rally banter and simplified dumbed down appeals. Just watch the movie Idiocracy. The day that candidates behave in a well mannered fashion that doesn't resemble a high school class president contest, i will begin to respect political affiliation. Personally I felt insulted by the expectation of the lack of intelligence that both parties exhibited when trying to win me over.