View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2016, 06:08 PM   #30
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I wear a leather jacket when cool enough, and an armored mesh jacket when it's hot out. I've crashed in both, and they both protect well. I trust the leather one more, and wear it as much as it's practical to.

I used to wear my Kevlar padded jeans a lot, and crashed in them once. They protected me pretty well, with only a couple little abrasions on my legs. But when I started riding my little DT100 on the supermoto track, I got a pair of perforated leather AGV Sport "Willow" racing pants. The first time I went down on them, I was expecting some pain when I hit the track. Instead, it felt like I had fallen into a pile of feathers.

Since then I've mostly worn the leather pants on the road. Surprisingly, they're really not hotter than the jeans. There's a lot more air flow through the perforations than I expected. They do not have the problem mentioned above, of sticking to sweaty skin. The lining is easy to slide out of sweaty or not, and they're perfectly comfortable with just underwear underneath them.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote