View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #12
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulman View Post
@A.J. I've since ridden them a few more times, and other bikes besides, but haven't written about it yet.

I'd say the Monster 821 is one of the best of those bikes I've ever ridden, at least for the street. It's got plenty of power, but is geared such that's it is all usable (well, most of it.). The motor is fantastic. The 1200's got better suspension but the motor is utterly insane, imho. Put it this way, if you didn't kill yourself, you'd never get bored with it, unless you like changing gear, because you won't be doing a lot of that.

The 959 is a truly beautiful bike, but I honestly preferred the Monsters.
@Sulman sounds great! I'm a 36yr old female though and those bikes all sound like they're too much for me. I got the change to ride an R1 a week ago for about 15 miles and I wasn't scared I just knew that it was too much for me to even consider. Now 1000cc's on a cruiser is a different story i could ride one of those all day and not blink an eye. But I do not like cruisers at all. To be honest I'm more comfortable on a long haul on my 250 than I would be on a cruiser.
But hey, since you're a man who enjoys trying out different bikes grab a KTM Duke 390 and get back to me. Might just be the most fun ride on the planet. Unless you've ridden one, then we can talk specs
I thought for sure the 390 would be the next best thing especially for beginners but seems the ninjette still gets the gold this summer.