Thread: Go fast goodies
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2020, 07:16 PM   #41
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Let’s see pics of this tractor!
I don’t have a picture before I tore it down, somehow managed to delete most of the pics on my phone by accident. Here are a few that show about how it looks now.

It’s a 1946 model Ford 2N. Has a flathead four cylinder engine with around 120ci, and about 23 hp. It has a spec of 7:1 compression ratio. It was the first tractor to offer the three point hitch system, which is the industry standard today. The N series tractor was revolutionary at the time. Selling for less than $600 it made it affordable for a small farmer to mechanize and lower his production costs. It was said at the time a farmer used about 65% of his harvest to feed his draft animals used for farm work.

I’ll work it, it’s going to tend my garden, cut my grass and do light bush hogging, I wanted to do a refurbish to repair what needs fixing and clean it up and paint it while it’s apart. I’ll be attending the local antique tractor pulls, and pulling floats in the local parades as well. I am not making a show piece, rather a clean example.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote