View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2020, 08:49 PM   #4
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
So I decided to give a new set of "clip-on" bars a shot. They mount to the stock triple clamp holes, NOT to the fork tube.

+ Seriously, 10 minutes to install. No finagling with "where can I mount my bars without clearance issues, lock to lock???... ah man, they hit lower plastic, ah man, they hit upper plastic. Do I have to mount them differently? Do I need to cut any plastic off?"

+ ZERO issues position wise. Leaves bar adjustability, without using fork tubes to mount.

+They are lower than traditional clip-ons, and stockers ( about a 1/4inch, maybe a hair more, compared to the prior clip-on set I had.)

Very satisified, for the price, and ease of install, and benefits.

+The bars are slightly flatter on the downward angle, so bars don't touch bodywork fully swept in, full lock to lock.

+ Come with a second set of risers, if you need taller bars.

+ No raising the fork, to figure out how much bite do I need to have, for clip-ons to feel secure/remain in place? (Without causing bottom out, on hard stops)

- the very minor downside. Left bar is just ever so slightly smaller than stock. So switchgear, and clutch lever perch, were a hair loose, fully buttoned up, and in place. ( my fix was 1 to 2 wraps of black electrical tape around the bar.)

Not sure of the name. It could be FULLIBARS, with a new style, on Amzon. If not, I can post sellers name here ( if allowed) they come in chrome, and in black.
Hey can you PM me a link, or post if it's allowed? Thanks!
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote