View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #38
ThaiNinjaRR
ninjette.org member

Name: ThaiNinjaRR

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R - 2009 Ninja ZX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Plug and play means there is a plug so you don't have to connect 11 individual wires. Also the splice is to connect to battery voltage . The brass sensor are for Temp . The non FI bikes only have a warning light (that is still retained ). But the sensor for oil and water temp must be installed.

If you buy the gauge it is made to fit any bike . The Kit sell you the individual parts to adapt to a 250 ninja . If KOSO included every adapter to fit every bike the price would be higher .SO you buy the gauge and then buy the things you need to hook it up to your bike .,But the gauge dose not hook its self up or mount itself . You have to do that.
Yea, its obviouse that plug and plug mean to do just one thing,
But the packs say plug and play kit on them lol..(i dont know why)

This is the way the shop near me sells em:
you chose your dashboard, then you select what bike you need, then you get a litle pack with all the things needed to install on that bike, mount, wires, sensors, etc etc. (actually the shop will install it also, included in the price..shame to waste that free installation eh)

(the pic i show before is for KSR110 Kit)

i also have installation instuctions. but to be honist there is no way i could install this myself..Seriously...get a pro to do it.

Anyway guys, i just know the prices for these here, non of the techinical details. Sure i will learn as time goes on..
ThaiNinjaRR is offline   Reply With Quote