View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2010, 08:52 AM   #14
deezyellownutz
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Zx10R 2009 250R

The problem is the the signals are LED so the OEM flasher doesn't see enough "resistance" to make the lights blink. What happens with the stock bulbs - Filament ones is as the light turn on, the filament heats up and creates a resistance on the circuit. Once it reaches a certain point, it trips the flasher relay and then the whole cycle starts over again. LEDs since, they draw little current do not create enough resistance.

I have the Hotbodies kit as well and I am 100% sure that somewhere in the documentation is states that you will need to add resisters to solve this issue.

Two ways to solve this issue.

1. Replace the flasher relay with an electronic flasher that can handle variable loads. This happened to me when I changed my ZX10 bulbs front and rear to LEDS. The light would turn on and stay on. I bought the flasher from Autozone for $8.

2. Add resisters in parallel to each light so when you do signal, it create enough resistance to trip the flasher. Search the forum for "led and resister" you will find a ton of threads relating to it.

IMO - I just bought the electronic flasher because it was less work. I don't like spaghetti wiring and splicing unless I have to. Replacing the flasher is backwards compatible if you want to switch back to none LED lights without further modification.