View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Timr
needs a bigger shed

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2x2009 ninja 250's, 1x2011 250 ninja, 1x1990 yamaha fzr 250 1x2006 yamaha R6 1x atomic quad, 1xZZR250

Need more tire edge

So I have hurt the bike again. I put it down after hitting the peg a while ago so i raised them almost another inch and solved that problem but now have another one. After I put it down again and suspected I rode off the edge as I was balling up the edge before i lifted the pegs of the tire I put a cam on pointed at the bottom of the tire and checked it out after i dropped it again (R.I.P. Contour cam ) and sure enough it looks like I ran out of rubber.
I have tried getting off the bike more but i literally cant i have been getting my entire ass off on most corners. I have been running BT003's and i really enjoy using them, the let me slide it a bit and still grip really well, they are also about the best tire i easily get in a 140 wide.

So just wondering what everyone else is using, if anyone else is having this problem, or any other ideas that might help. I have even been looking into if i can get some moto3 type slicks in 140 wide.