View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2014, 04:00 PM   #9
Timr
needs a bigger shed

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2x2009 ninja 250's, 1x2011 250 ninja, 1x1990 yamaha fzr 250 1x2006 yamaha R6 1x atomic quad, 1xZZR250

I am pretty happy with my body positioning its not perfect but its not that bad these days, being 6 foot 2 (and a bit fat) i look a bit like a gorilla on it, but i will try and get some pics any way. I work a fair bit with another club member as he is an excellent rider and even had a moto2 wildcard, i also did some coaching sessions with Cameron Donald and that was one of the things he picked up and we worked a fair bit on it he even suggested getting that far off to reduce lean angle.
I am very conscientious of not using unnecessary lean in the corners and use my lines to help with that, that was another thing Cam mentioned was that my lines where excellent.

The rear set I am using are made by a local company called Wet4U Racing (yes that is their name) and the tend to be the rear set of choice for most of the guys running ninjas in the Australian 250 production series and the Australian ninja 300 cup. i really like them but i did shorten the pegs a bit for more clearance.

as for speed i think i am pushing them pretty hard. At http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baskerville_Raceway My bet lap is a 66.8 second lap and am running round at the same times as the midpack 600cc's i am probably the second fastest 250 behind the the guy who has won the last 2 600 state titles on his rs250.

and "good ashphelt" it is not... it is way over due for resurfacing to the point a foundation has been set up to raise money for it as the owners can't afford it.

rear height is stock because that is what the class rules dictate there is very few chnges allowed to the bike as it is supposed to be a "budget" class.

One of the other club members is a tire distributor one being bridgstone (which is why i have been using the BT003's) and a few others and he has been trying to help me work it out as well.