View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2017, 08:24 AM   #33
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Don't hesitate to check into student aid from the state. Georgia has scholarships and grants available, but I don't know the specifics.

In the day, triples handled about like other bikes of the time, as proven by their record of stock class race wins. It doesn't take much tweaking to make them handle quite well. The 1973 H1D had essentially the same magneto CDI system that the H2 had, with one CDI unit for each cylinder. The KH400 had a similar system, but not identical. '74 and '75 H1s and later KH500s had magneto CDI, but used a single CDI unit and a distributor on the coil primaries. The early H1s had 12v powered CDI systems with an automotive type distributor.
Two important modifications to improve the H1 and H2 handling were to replace plastic swing arm bushings and move the front brake caliper to the rear of the fork tube.

It took me 10 years to get my hands on one of these model kits. It's a very detailed kit with metal etched spokes on the wheels. This one came directly from Tokyo. Hey, a good thing to do this winter - I'm getting nostalgic.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (123.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (127.3 KB, 2 views)