Old August 7th, 2018, 05:41 AM   #8138
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Installing woodcraft clip ons on my N300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
I'm installing woodcraft clip ons on my N300...

Post 8126
(SNIP)
Update on my woodcraft clip on's.

Everything went fine. No need to touch anything. The levers feel now a bit high. I'd like them to be more in line with the line of the forearm, but to do that I should raise the clip on's some mm and I prefer to have them low as they are.

No problems on full lock and they don't touch the plastics.

The only comment to add is about the torque on the clip on's.
Woodcraft recommends to torque to 'industry standards'. I think is kind of poor from them to say this on the instructions. Since they know what this industry standard is and they know the grade of their bolts, they could indicate the torque. I don't why they don't do it.

I looked on line for this industry standard and it seems to be 12Nm for that kind of bolts.
However, I found that some people on line confused this torque with the torque indicated by the service manual for the stock 'Handlebar Mounting Bolts', which are stronger bolts and should be torqued to 25nm. And it looks like if you try to torque the Woodcraft clip on's to 25NM you're most likely going to damage the threads, so be careful with this.

Clip on's are nice. Happy with the new position. I also installed the R6 short throttle tube so the bikes feels sharper.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote