Old March 7th, 2018, 08:20 AM   #12
DirtyPelican
ninjette.org member

Name: Tiago

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
Hello Dirty P,
I am in Florida for the nasty New Jersey winter. Looks like I am missing stinking Nor'easter. Only getting to 70F here today and tomorrow it is going to be freezing, something like 62F

I looked at you build link. I got lucky. My bike sat in a shed for 5-6 years. It was clean, only needing a new front tire and carb cleaning to do the ton.

I am riding the bike naked now, I may wait until I get back to my shop in Brick NJ before I start cutting the frame. It sure looks like you don't need much in the way of tools to do the Bluecollorbobbers build. I may want to weld or braze the frame instead of the epoxy.

Maybe we can ride together in the spring.
sounds like **** weather for sure. So far nothing but rain here in my area so fingers crossed. As for the build I started with the kit and slowly started doing my own thing. Keeping the fairings but deleting the coolant res,battery relocate, clip ons, getting rid of the gauges for a small speedo only, airbox delete and with that jetting which I've never done. We can get def together this spring sumner. If you have a shop I'd love to check it out or even just shoot the breeze.

Oh and as for the epoxy issue. Welding isn't needed since there is a huge bolt that ends up going thru both the frame and metal rod you insert it so it isn't going anywhere. I thought the same too until that step and then I didn't see a means to worry. But if you have the means to weld then go for it. I didnt.