Old June 4th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #14
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
It was 3 lanes in one direction of really hectic stop and go traffic. The speed limit was 50mph. The van stopping was totally normal. I couldn't see past it in the position I was in so I had no idea it was going to stop at that specific moment.

It's really challenging riding in rush hour London traffic. I was lane splitting quite a bit.

The incident was totally my fault. Hope I didn't damage that back of the guys van I'm sure he has my number plate details though so he could track me down if I did do damage.
I saw you mentioned heading "home from London" so wasn't sure if you were in the city proper or had already escaped and just out on the motorway somewhere.

I've watched a few tv shows that feature going downtown London. I think those convinced me that if I ever do make it to England, I'm walking unless I'm going up north somewhere.

Glad you are ok and you just got scuffed rather than splattered. I would imagine a bit more following distance might have helped too, but then some dingdong in a Mini might have tried slipping between you and the van.

Stay safe little squirrel.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote