Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliusmichaelhonrada View Post
........The reason why i dont have a throttle cable in the carb now is i dont know how to put it inside the carb... its a bit scary that a cable actually pulls the slide up (D-Slide PWK) so i decided to stop and check the internet for more information.

My air screw is all the way in bottomed out
My idle screw is quite bottomed out (spring resistance cant crank anymore with finger tight clockwise)

Im not sure how the idle screw ,its just a screw that goes through the back of the slide? but its the cable who actually pulls the slide up?

About the air screw i know that clockwise will make it richer and counterclockwise is lean.

Because the motor will sputter only with the choke fully on , my current mixture is lean ?
The slide should have a recess into which the end/head of the cable goes.
No problem with that, as long as the slide is free to move up and down and to come all the way down by internal spring action.

The idle screws just limits how far down the slide can go.
As initial setting, you should see @ 2 mm gap between the bottom of the slide and the wall of the throat.

The mix can be lean for high rpm's if the level of fuel inside the bowl is too low.
See if you can find the level that is recommended by the manufacturer of the carburetor.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote