View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2017, 08:57 AM   #35
daverdfw
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakkakth View Post
Last weekend was good. I matched my previous fastest lap several times and then had one lap significantly faster.

I feel like I was able to apply point 1(at least in several corners) but point 2 was mentioned to me by one of the instructors who happened to see me a few laps while teaching some students. So I'll try and focus on that for August.

Getting better:

While I felt like I worked on the sliding across the seat my new video says otherwise, lol!

I did drag my exhaust so that was a bit sad. I was told the turning quicker will help alleviate that... but it did make me tempted to replace the stock.

Thanks all again for the advice
one question, have you had your suspension adjusted? specifically ride height? that might help with you dragging hard parts.

Question for the other, I got into a habbit of scooting my butt all the way back against the tail fairing when going into a turn, seems from what I have seen/read I should be doing the opposite so I can use my legs to lock in and take pressure off the bars? I notice sometimes my hands really hurt. I know I am gripping the bars too hard. just trying to determine if I should be closer to the tank.
daverdfw is offline   Reply With Quote